Do you live in Pembroke and are not sure whether you need a Party Wall Survey?

What is Party Wall Work?


The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 introduced a procedure for resolving disputes between owners of neighbouring properties, arising as a result of one owner’s intention to carry out works which would affect the party wall, involve the construction of a party wall or boundary wall at (or adjacent to) the line of junction between the two properties or excavation within certain distances of a neighbour’s structure and to a lower depth than its foundations.

In order to settle such disputes, the surveyor (agreed Surveyor where both parties concur in one person) or surveyors (where each party appoints their own surveyor) will resolve the dispute by making an Award, which is legally binding on both parties.

Please telephone Keith Batten FRICS and the team to discuss your survey requirements. He is a chartered surveyor covering Pembroke, Pembroke Dock, Angle and the surrounding area, helping clients with both residential survey and commercial property issues.

029 2193 2193
or Freephone on 0800 880 6264

Connecting you to Independent Chartered Surveyors
…for all your building survey and property requirements