Property and Building Surveyors

Connecting you to Verified Independent Chartered Surveyors
...for all your building survey and property requirements

Property and Building Surveyors

To find an independent building surveyor in your local area either:

Call 0800 880 6264

Or click on "Home" above

The Chartered Surveyors contactable via this website generally perform Building Surveys, major defects surveys, homebuyers reports or house buyer reports, valuations or single fault assessments. Some carry out photographic inspections and assessments of properties for purchasers at the same time as carrying out building surveys or other reports. (Building Surveys were formerly called structural surveys but the RICS changed their name.)

Building Survey
Structural Survey
Major Defects Report
House Purchase Survey
Home Buyer Survey and Valuation
Single Fault Assessment
Mortgage Valuation
Property Valuation
Buildings Insurance Valuation
Onsite Acquisition Advice
Photographic Inspection Advice
Expert Witness Reports
Party Wall Work
Planning Advice
Building & Land Plans
Schedule of Condition
Schedule of Dilapidations
Project Management
New Build Assessments
Boundary Dispute Advice

What is Planning Advice?

Planning Advice

Many of our surveyors can advise on planning matters and prepare and submit the necessary documentation. Services extend from preliminary advice regarding planning matters to the presentation of planning appeals at public hearings.

Typically, our surveyors can:

  • Provide advice on planning matters,
  • Agree with the client an appropriate planning strategy, and 
  • Submit a planning application for the required works. This may be as simple as an application for a change of use of the premises or a more significant new-build residential scheme.

They will endeavour to identify any additional reports or supporting information required. For example, an arboricultural or highways report may be necessary.

Where planning applications have been refused, surveyors can provide an assessment of the merits and weaknesses of the original application and suggest alterations and design changes to permit the submission of an amended application.

Alternatively, where the scheme is appropriate, they can prepare and present a planning appeal.
It might also be possible to prepare and apply for conservation area and listed building consents, as well as undertaking assessments and producing reports on the historic fabric and building characteristics to support or object to particular planning and listed building applications.

Of course, what can be offered will differ from practice to practice so, particularly in this event, we strongly suggest that you use the Property Surveying network to find your nearest Independent Chartered Surveyor and discuss the details with him or her.


This page, and those under the links to the left, is for those who are unfamiliar with obtaining property surveys and who would like a greater general understanding before they telephone or contact the appropriate Chartered Surveyor closest to the subject property.

Many people do not wish to read long explanations. In which case, telephone the Chartered Surveyor where you need a survey or advice and he or she will be happy to discuss and explain the options to you. You will then be able to discuss the most appropriate course of action and make a fully considered decision.

Sometimes the most appropriate kind of inspection can vary for different people, as well as for different properties, meaning personal advice from an experienced professional is often the only way to really ascertain what you need.

Virtually all Chartered Surveyors will adapt and carry out an individual building inspection to suit your individual needs. A bespoke service or an extra to a typical survey format should enable all the requirements of a client to be addressed.

There are a number of other types of building assessment possible, each found on the links to the left. To select the most appropriate service, we are, as aforementioned, of the opinion that the most appropriate course of action is to speak to the Chartered Surveyor who knows the area well and can discuss your individual requirements.

Please remember that Chartered Surveyors are often onsite and therefore uncontactable even with mobile phones. If you telephone and get an answerphone, please leave a message, or e mail the surveyor, and he or she really will call you back as soon as is possible.

If you have any questions on property matters, or proposals for advice articles,
do not hesitate to write to us via the Contact Us page.

RSS--------------- © --